Saturday, February 23, 2008

my dad tells me a tattoo could be removed in 3 sessions. is that true?

my dad is pissed at me because i keep spending $200 each tattoo removal session. i've went 7x so far. my dad tells me a tattoo could be removed in 3 sessions. is that true?

....I'm having tattoo removal done at the moment too... It depends on the depth of the tattoo to the amount of treatments needed to be done.Homemade tattoos, done with the usual sewing needle can be removed in about 3-4 sessions. That's because the ink isn't to far down in layers of skin. But tattoos done with the tattooing gun are far deeper down. The deeper down the tattoo the longer it will take to remove. Colours are another thing too. Green ink can never be removed. With red ink, the laser setting is different,at first,from the usual black ink,so that takes longer. Plus the healing of your skin, how fast,how good etc. So it can take up to 13 sessions or more.I'm really happy with my removal, yes it does cost but hay, i would rather have them gone than have that rubbish on my hands and arms. All the best to you and your removals!!
my dad has a tattoo right now and he is in the process of getting his removed. he too has had around 6-7 removals and his isn't even close to gone. I guess it depends on how big the tattoo is and how long youve had it. He still probably needs another 6-7 sessions too.
From what I understand, it depends on the size of the tattoo and the colors. Certain inks take longer to break up and for the body to absorb. So you never know many sessions it will take. When it is gone, it is gone. Obviously if it is still there, then more sessions are needed. If he is still insistent, have him pick out a tattoo remover himself or let him sit in on a session. I obviously cannot speak for him, but he may be just upset that you have to pay so much to have it removed in the first place. Good luck!
size color and depth of the ink . i have had lazering done before and it takes alot more time and money that getting one. but i have never heard of one coming of that easy unless it's really small already.

No comments: