Monday, February 25, 2008

Does anyone have any stories regarding laser tattoo removal?

I'm currently going through the process and get depressed looking at it. I hated it to begin with, but now I'm hoping I'm not messing things up by getting laser removal. I have some discolorations and the tattoo is fading, but looks bad...Anyone have any stories to share? P. S. I'm of light skin tone (not white, but black).

We have done cover work over several tattoo removal attempts on black skin, even if light. It seems with the increase in melanin, laser seems to hypigment areas. Most times people are left with some of the tattoo color and areas of hypopigmentation that looks like hell.
Sorry.
At least you will get it cleaned up enought to do a really nice cover piece. Be absolutely sure to go to a really really good artist that can show you a LOT of pictures of healed in cover pieces.

One on my nieces had to have a tattoo removal done...
She'd been wanting a tattoo for a long time; my sister's live-in boyfriend took her in to get a tattoo-- without my sister's permission-- and to make a really long story short, he wound up in prison for reasons I won't go into, she wanted to get the tattoo removed after he was out of the picture. I think she's still going through the process of getting it removed piece by piece, but she's almost done... and she's glad to be rid of it.
The process will probably leave some scarring, but the scarring may be lessened, if you use anti-biotics to keep the sores sterile and keep it bandaged. It's just a suggestion, of course.... but, that's my story.

I have had a tattoo removed b4 and it was worth it I had a name on my chest in black ( young and dumb) I had it removed maybe 7 yrs ago and you cant tell it was there, it was expensive but you can get it done like every 6-8wks so it wasnt bad I had time to save for it. I had 3 maybe 4 sessions. It hurt, it kina felt like a rubberband popping over and over but I was working in a doctors office at the time so I was able to get some EMLA cream which made it 10x better. I was told that gettn black ink removed was easier than color but if yours is fading it probably will not be that bad. I went for a free estimate b4 I got it done. Find someone in your area that does and have them take a look at it. I know how you feel about the tattoo I so regret the ones I have. I like tatts but I wish mine were smaller and more discreet.

No comments: