Saturday, February 23, 2008

I have a tattoo on my lower back that I would like to have removed.Who do you go to to have that done and how much does it cost?

I have a tattoo on my lower back that I would like to have removed. It is only 1 color. Who do you go to to have that done and how much does it cost? The tattoo is about the size of a golf ball, if that helps.

While tattoos are considered permanent, it is possible, to varying degrees, to remove them. Complete removal, however, is often not possible, and the expense and pain of removing them typically will be greater than the expense and pain of applying them. Some jurisdictions will pay for the voluntary removal of gang tattoos.Tattoo removal is most commonly performed using lasers that react with the ink in the tattoo, and break it down. The broken-down ink is then absorbed by the body,mimicking the natural fading that time or sun exposure would create. This technique often requires many repeated visits to remove even a small tattoo, and may result in permanent scarring. The newer Q switch lasers are said by the National Institute of Health to result in scarring only rarely, however, and are usually used only after a topical anaesthetic has been applied. The NIH recognizes five types of tattoo; amateur, professional, cosmetic, medical, and traumatic (or natural). Amateur tattoos are easier and quicker to remove, usually, than professional tattoos. Areas with thin skin will be more likely to scar than thicker-skinned areas. There are several types of Q-switch lasers, and each is effective at removing a different range of the color spectrum.

I'm in the process of getting mine removed. I've had two treatments and so far, no scarring. They charged me $75 per square inch. I only go if I have the money. I'm not in a hurry to remove it. Let me tell you though, It hurts!!!! Like hot grease splashing on you. But if you really don't want it anymore its well worth it.

No comments: