Thursday, February 28, 2008

Do you hate your lover's tattoo?

and must remain silent? Twenty years ago a couple with tattoos all over their bodies asked me if I objected to tattoos. I answered as everyone seems to answer that it was no skin off my back--I must now add I did not mean it as an endorsement. Since then tattoos have grown to an extent I did not then think possible. I really wonder if anyone really likes a tattoo? I see it as evidence of a disturbing superficiality in relationships that the truth does not come out: that tattoo art sucks, period. The media hype linking tattoos to "professional"--meaning mostly masseuses--was publicity which could not be bought. Tattoos could be a test question for who might be stupid enough to shoot Heroin? Cigarettes and tattoos: the socially-accepted bummers. I have never seen a tattoo--even the most tasteful flower--which was not an abomination. And no, it is not just IMHO. It is in your humble grasp of reality if you believe tattoos are sincerely liked.

At least tattoos don't cause cancer.

That is your opinion.. and the good thing about it is not everyone shares your views, thank God. I truly like tattoos and I like my tattoos. If you don't, good for you, don't look. But I am tattooed, I work a normal job, I am married to a wonderful man, I do not do drugs, I do not drink and I do not smoke. So maybe you should keep your opinion to yourself because I sure as hell don't agree with it.No offence dude, but I don't care what you think. Now go play in polls and surveys.

IMHO I think that you need to find something better to do that to post a "question" on here that is really just a statement to piss those of us that love tattoos off.

I personally love tattoos. Not all with tattoos are bums and smoke and drink all day. I'm an 18 year old college freshmen going into teaching, don't drink and don't smoke. Never will do either. So I happen to have a tattoo and several piercings, they are part of me. Well thought out and beautifully artistic tattoos are amazing, the ones that people get just because, illegally or because someone else wanted them to bother me. Those put tattoos back into the stereo types that aren't needed and are uncalled for.

Yes I hate it. It's a tiger and the punnany is the tiger's gaping maw....I get scared of bodily injury...we turn out the lights for that very reason. You are SO right. No longer will I remain silent!!

No comments: