Saturday, February 23, 2008

home made tattoos easier to remove with a lazer?

I have a tattoo. Its 2 letters, each about an inch high and done at home with indian ink after a drinking session when I was sixteen. I know, I know. Are home made tattoos easier to remove with a lazer? How many sessions would it take? Any idea of cost?
I'm having a professional tattoo removed by laser and it takes a while, but a home-made tattoo is much easier as the ink hasn't gone so deep.Go to a reputable clinic (ask your doctor to recommend one) and expect to pay around £60 per session. Estimate one session per month .... I'd say about three sessions would remove it.By contrast, my professional tattoo has taken ten sessions (!) and I need a further two. It's getting expensive but it's worth it ... I didn't want to live with my tattoo for the rest of my life so ignore everyone who says to cover it up, just get it removed and you can forget about it forever!

When I asked tattoo artists for advice for a similar tattoo I had they suggested letting it fade naturally in the sunlight. The particles would be much quicker to break up and fade than a professional tattoo would. Also an at home tattoo is much easier to coverup with a professional tattoo than otherwise. However, your question is about laser removal. From what I know it would take less sessions to remove an at home tattoo than it would a professional one, but it would still be very expensive and very painful.

No comments: