Monday, February 25, 2008

I got a tattoo on my lower back 11 days ago and now have alot of pimples around it. How do I get rid of them?

I followed the tattoo artist's directions for aftercare and still got these. I've never had acne, and always have had good skin. Has anyone else ever had this problem and if so, what did you do about it?
I got a huge piece on my back and i had the same problem.Your most likely not alergic.I thought i was alergic to the inc to but i have had 5 tattoos done before that and never had the problem it went away after i sused my girlfriends skin care stuff so just find the right product for your skin and you should be fine.

it could means several things......the tattoo place did not use clean and sanitary needles, sounds to me you have razor bumps....or you have a allergic reaction from the ink...after the second day it should of been itching from the healing process...it may get infected...go to back to the tattoo place and let them explain what happened.I have several tattoos and one on my lower back and that did not happen....it just itch as it was healing....

You might be allergic to something in the tattoo itself, but it's probably something you're applying over it. When I got my first tattoo a year ago I was given A&D ointment to apply on the tattoo, and after a couple days of using it I had the same problem you're having. It turns out a couple of the people I had talked to that have tattoos had the same problem when they used it. Not saying it does that to all people, but some just tend to have reactions to it. I stopped using the ointment and switched to Neosporin and had no more problems. I would recommend looking for alternatives to products you're putting on the tattoo (like I did with the neosporin) and try using them for a week or two and see if the problem doesn't resolve itself. Hope that helps!

I had the same thing happen with one of mine. After 11 days I assume you are using some sort of lotion to keep the skin from drying out...I was using Lubriderm and began noticing small pimples forming. I switched to Black Cat Aftercare Lotion and haven't had a problem since. I left the link below if you wish to find out more info. Good Luck

i am working on getting a backpiece done and every time i get my tattoo worked on a little bit, after it heals i get a lot of clogged pores on my back. i think it has to do with the newly healed skin and scabs having been there. it always goes away after about a week. just wash with a facewash that has salycilic acid in it. hope that helps!

Your going to have to buy some creme/ointment.Or ask a doctor about the situation.Or otherwise,try to ask someone ( if they have gotten a tactoo) did the same thing happen to them.

No comments: