Monday, February 25, 2008

I just got a tattoo on friday and now i hate it how do i get rid of it? any surfire ways like suntanning?

or maybe peeling the scab? I really hate it and got it less than 5 days ago what do i do! help!
only by laser u can remove.

sun tanning will not help at all. The only way is to go for one of those lazer treatment. Heard its painful though. The other way , if you like is to cover up the tatoo with another...just an idea..

It's there unless you have it removed with a laser. That is painful and even more expensive. Let it heal and look into a cover up that you like ... Think long and hard about it. Tanning doesn't get rid of tattoos, only fades and makes them look crappy. One question: why did you get it to begin with? I spent a couple years thinking before I got mine to be sure that I'd love it. Hope it all works out for you.

Hi Mandy, That's why you have to be sure of the tattoo you pick. If you were not sure on what you picked, you should of waited and made your mind up before having the tattoo put on your body. I have 6 tats myself and i love all 6. I even had the artist to make a special lower back tat and it came out beauitful. The only way to remove a tattoo is by laser. That will hurt twice as much as getting a tattoo and it will leave a scar to boot. Or you could have a well know tattoo artist in your area try and redo the tat you hate. You decide what is best for you.

I'd reinforce what others have said; it would be very unwise to try peeling off the scab in an attempt to 'remove' your tattoo - this may well take out some of the colour, but it most certainly won't evenly remove the whole thing. It'll just make it look bad. And if there's one thing worse than a tattoo you don't like, it's a bad tattoo you don't like. The same goes for all the other things you're supposed to avoid while your tattoo is healing. If you soak it in water, or go out in full sun, you may manage to mess it up a bit, but it'll still be there, and just as permanent. You could also potentially be putting yourself at risk of other negative consequences, such as infection, by messing about with your aftercare. And in terms of tanning, we all know that too much sun is bad for the skin at the best of times, but it certainly won't magically completely remove your tattoo. The best advice I can give you is this. For the time being, look after your tattoo carefully, and follow the aftercare regime your artist recommended. Yes, I know you don't like it, but you'll like it even less if it's a mess. The only really effective way of removing a tattoo is through laser treatments and these are very expensive, and it may be a while before you can afford them. For the time being, look after yourself by looking after your tattoo. The other thing I would say is, give it a bit of time. It's something of a shock getting a tattoo, particularly if it's your first one, and added to that it probably looks pretty peculiar and scabby at this point because it's still healing. I've never regretted any of my tattoos, but I do remember that for quite a while after I got my first one it used to make me jump whenever I caught sight of it in the mirror, because I'd forgotten about it, and wasn't expecting to see it there! I wonder whether you may be experiencing something similar to this. It may mean that you regret getting your tattoo, and if you do that's a perfectly legitimate way to feel about it and I'm not going to tell you you're stupid or should have expected this or any of the other negative things some previous answerers have said. If it's how you feel, it's a shame, but there it is. But I would encourage you to not panic about it, and to give your tattoo a chance. I remember that "eek! What's that on my arm! Oh, it's a tattoo..." feeling pretty well - and when I got my first tattoo I was working in a tattoo studio and completely used to being around tattooed people!

No comments: