Thursday, March 6, 2008

Anyone have a tattoo laser removal procedure?

Well I just got a tattoo a while ago on my wrist and am not pleased with the results, ( I have several others that I am happy with) so i am going to laser it off probably. I know I should have listened to my mom and waited and not been so impatient!
Has anyone had one removed? was the scar bad? was the after treatments very painful during the healing process?
i dont mind the scar (even though it will be on my wrist) but was it worth it to you?
or is the scar nasty?
or if you know anyone who had this done, please help!!! I already made one mistake by getting the tattoo, i dont want another mistake :(

Yes, I got it done because of an allergic reaction to the red ink, so my insurance did help pay for it. My doctor said that removing it by laser would feel just like getting a tattoo, well not for me it hurt a little more than that, so they gave me a shot around the tattoo. My scar is barely noticeable, my doctor did a great job in removing mine. I had red, green, yellow, and black ink. Maybe you can get it covered with another tattoo, whatever your choice good luck.

removing a tattoo is not as simple as getting one. The pain is much higher especially in the area you mentioned. Having a scar on your wrist surely will get you some wide eyes. I'd recomment having it redone by a different artist. This would be much cheaper and involve less pain for you.

What are your personal results of laser tattoo removal?
I have a tattoo on the underside of my wrist. I have had it lasered 3 times. The results have been good - It is multicolored with black, neon green, neon purple, and neon pink. It was a cover-up for another tattoo. The black ink is nearly gone, except for the original tattoo and the brightness of the other colors is gone as well. However, there is some scarring. I am about to schedule my 4th appointment. I just wanted to hear the results of others who have had their tattoo lasered and if there was any scarring?

When getting a tattoo removal, you are getting layers of skin removed. If you do not scar, that will be rare. Even though you may have 'removed' the pigment in your skin, you will usually be left with discolorations on your skin, or a scar.

No comments: